The WR TestWorks Q-Sweat System provides sensitive, reproducible, and non-invasive measurements of sweat rate and volume.
A key component in determining the severity and pattern of autonomic disorders is the study of a patient’s sudomotor response. The Q-Sweat, provided by WR Medical Electronics, brings sudomotor testing to your clinic. The Q-Sweat examines the integrity of the postganglionic sympathetic sudomotor axon, assisting in the diagnosis of small fiber neuropathies.
The Q-Sweat Quantitative Sweat Measurement Lab provides physicians with several useful tools, including:
- Measurements of rate in nL/minute and totalized volume in mL
- Two different ways to test sweat utilizing up to 4 body sites simultaneously
- Resting Sweat test – a measurement of the body’s resting sweat rate
- Evoked Sweat test – a measurement of the body’s response to stimuli (QSART)
- Accuracy down to .1 nL, with traceable history of output that is standardized and repeatable
- Time efficient testing, with a standard recording completed in as little as 11 minutes.
- WR TestWorks software, providing the ability to compare a patient’s results to published reference data
The Q-Sweat System can easily be added to an existing CASE IV QST or WR TestWorks Cardiac Testing lab for enhanced capabilities.
All labs include on-site installation and training within the United States and Canada
PROVIDING QUANTITATIVE ASSESSMENTS OF:
- Small Fiber Neuropathies
- Diabetic neuropathies
- Autonomic neuropathies
- Enzyme disorders
- RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, aka CRPS, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome)
- Pharmaceutical agents
- Cosmetics/Consumer goods testing
- Dermatological studies
- Multiple System Atrophy (Shy-Drager syndrome)
Measurement chambers are provided in two sizes to vary the surface area of the measurement site. Recordings are displayed in real time in an easy to use Windows-based application. The Q-Sweat can be operated by physicians or technicians with minimal training. On-site installation and training are included for all locations in the USA and Canada.
The Q-Sweat runs on WR Testworks software, and can be integrated with modules for cardiovagal and adrenergic testing of the Autonomic Nervous System. It can also be integrated with CASE Systems for QST (Quantitative Sensory Testing) for the study of thermal and vibration detection thresholds.
Photo to the right: WR Testworks graphical interface showing 4 simultaneous sweat recordings.